Sagging Neck Is an Ageing Process
The delicate skin on the neck is one of the first places to show signs of ageing. The neck is composed of a complex network of muscles and tendons that are linked to the jaw and facial muscles. Sun light, gravity and lack of exercise are the biggest causes of sagging around the neck. Like any other muscle in the body, the muscles of the neck also can be firmed and toned through exercise.
Sagging neck skin is something which many of us have to look forward to as we get older. With age, the skin loses its elasticity and it shows a tendency to sag. Though you may not be able to reverse the loss of elasticity because of age, you can do some exercises to firm up the neck muscles that will make neck sagging less noticeable.
Watch a video below by FaceFitnessCenter about How to Tighten Neck Skin:
5 Exercises for Sagging Neck
Neck exercises should target the large muscles (platysma, trapezius and the sternocleidomastoid) of the neck that help to hold the head upright. Five simple exercises for the neck muscles are listed below:
- Stand in front of a mirror, pout your lips out like you are kissing and hold it for two or three seconds. From this kissing, bring the lips back so that you are doing a wide grin. Hold the grin for a few seconds and then open the mouth as wide as you can and hold this also for a few seconds. Repeat this exercise 20 to 30 times twice a day.
- Do this exercise while you are standing or sitting. Hold the head straight out so that your chin is parallel to the floor. Turn your head as far to the left as you can do comfortably. Tilt your head backward, and hold it in this position for 5 to 10 seconds. This is one repetition. Move your head back to the original position and repeat the process of turning your head to the right side. Repeat the action by moving it toward the left and right side for a total of 10 repetitions
- Start by looking at the ceiling. Your chin should be pointing straight out toward the TV. Keep your lips closed and begin to make a chewing motion. You will feel a tightening in your neck if you do this exercise properly. Repeat this exercise for at least 20 times and do it three times per day.
- Sit up straight on the edge of a chair and hold your head straight so that your chin is parallel to the floor. Tilt your head backward slowly until you are looking straight up at the ceiling. Hold your head in this position for 10 seconds before slowly moving it back to the original position. This is one repetition. Perform this exercise for 10 repetitions, two to three times a day.
- Lie down on the floor, grab your neck with both hands (one on each side) and lift your head off the floor with the front of the neck. Repeat this 30 times. Next, move the arms to the sides of the body lift the head off the floor about ¼ inches, using the front of the neck and rotate the head side to side. Work up to 30 repetitions.
To keep your neck supple and flexible, stretch your neck every day by doing these easy exercises. Massaging your neck once in a week is also good. When you take care of your face, take care of your neck also. The neck exercises help you to firm up the front part of the neck where the marks of ageing show up first.
Click Here to know more about the Ayurvedic Herbal Supplement for defending Ageing Process of the body.
You may also like to Read: